IT Support Specialist (m/f)
The IT Support Specialist is a highly technical Customer Service and support role requiring strong customer service and communication skills coupled with comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of software and controls.
- Will take support calls and assist in resolving issues related to TGW automated warehouse solutions for our customers
- Strong relationship building skills with high customer focus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to guide customers through troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Coverage rotative shifts shared with team
- Ability to access software systems as needed to diagnose and resolve customer system malfunctions or perform system maintenance.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors, uses judgment to authorize and secure assistance, follow through with customer until issue is resolved.
- Remotely resolves service issues at customer site.
- Manage execution of required services through a combination of internal and external resources, training as necessary.
- Establish and maintain organized documentation and work methods for all LTS Support activities.
- Will spend time working in the Software Project group learning TGW software products as wells as Controls group.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalence.
- Programming skills, well versed in .NET (Frameworks: 3.5, 4.0., 4.5), C#, C+, C++, VBA
- Team oriented approach
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL, etc…)
- Good level of Spanish & English, French or German would be a plus
- Driver's license B.
- Good understanding of network infrastructure, familiarity with TCP/IP, subnetting, switching & routing, Ethernet concepts
- Programming skills, well versed in .NET (Frameworks: 3.5, 4.0., 4.5), C#, C+, C++, VBA )
- Familiar with virtualized operating systems with VMware
- Knowledge of Controls systems a plus (Siemens / Allen Bradley)
- Travel required less than 15% of the time when in the Lifetime Services department