Under the supervision of the Product Engineering Manager, performs all activities associated with controls design, engineering and on-site implementation of automatic material handling equipment and subsystems. This includes close interaction with project teams in a positive and focused manner to realize productive results. Clear inter-departmental communication is necessary, as are frequent customer discussions. The individual must also provide accurate and high quality work with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding of controls hardware/software design and implementation.
- Supports TGW standard product bed controls including CRUZ logic and motorized roller controls.
- Coordinates and supports TGW international products including participation in international engineering teams.
- Assists distributors with controls questions and problem solving involving controlling TGW conveyor.
- Supports field installations of TGW control and bed level controls products.
- Awareness of codes such as NEC, NFPA, UL, CUL, CE and local/regional & federal regulations, assuring that designs and applications meet and/or exceed compliance with all.
- Prepare and utilize subsystem installation, commissioning test procedures and checklists.
- Provide support for subsystem electrical installation, interface testing, training, and startup support.
- Support other departments within TGW Systems such as Product Development Project Management, Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, Installation, Software Engineering, Lifetime Services, etc., and others as assigned or requested.
- Equipment/subsystem commissioning – configuration, testing, troubleshooting, debug, implementation of:
- Controls hardware and software
- Human Machine Interface (HMI), User/Operator Interface
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems
- Effectively plan and manage daily tasks with time critical awareness.
- Prepare periodic installation and commission of:
- Status reporting: items completed, items planned, punch list items, concerns
- Project summary reporting: lessons learned, improvements and pitfalls
- Temporary assignments as required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 2+ years’ experience in Electrical Controls Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with the design and implementation of System PLC Code emulation, multiple bus networks, and integrated motion controllers.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical required.
- Experience with hardware and software applications for Allen Bradley, SIEMENS, and Modicon Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Two years design and implementation experience of controls systems for the material handling industry including technologies such as conveyor, sortation and induction, motion controllers, SCADA, storage and retrieval machines and shuttle systems.
- Effective communication (internal and external).
- Domestic and international travel 20-40% to support project implementations.