Controls Hardware Engineer
This position is responsible for the creation of machine or system circuit diagrams and parts lists in compliance with the project budget, schedule and requirements for quality and functionality. This role ensures the maximization of profit made on an order through a professional and economical implementation of the technical requirements. This individual must provide accurate and high quality work with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Checks documentation of prior processes (sensor/actuator layouts and lists, motor lists, etc.).
- Develops the specification and clarification of controls interfaces.
- Provides consulting and technical support for the Systems Engineering team.
- Creates circuit diagrams in the Electrical CAD system.
- Creates all required report lists (e.g., items cables, electrical operating equipment, symbols, etc.).
- Generates ID numbers for controls components.
- Provides technical support for the control cabinet construction teams, software engineering teams and on-site teams.
- Creates and maintains as-built order documentation.
- Associate in Electrical Engineering (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with 2+ years’ experience in Electrical Controls Engineering and a high proficiency with tools to generate controls system schematics (ACAD, KnowledgeLink, Elcad, Eplan, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Effective communication (internal and external)
- Travel up to 20% for training and project support