Hotline Engineer - Control Systems
The Role:This primary purpose of the role is to supply TGW Northern Europe customers with a quality technical hotline service. Based in our new Hotline Team office in Market Harborough you will ensure all requests are logged within the ticket system, ownership is taken until closure and a professional service is provided at all times.
Other secondary tasks will include but not limited to:
- Training delivery to LTS Engineers
- PLC code testing and writing to support U&E business
- To provide professional telephone support to customers both internal and external
- To provide professional on line software support for PLC & WCS systems
- To manage the hotline ticket system for IT, Facilities and Controls
- To manage the support process on an integrated basis.
- To work on ongoing issues to reduce the volume of calls.
- To provide effective communication to senior management and support colleagues.
- To maintain support desk documentation.
- To monitor trends and action plans to prevent issue escalation.
- To follow through and own issues raised by yourself, if not resolved.
- To escalate problems to the next support level where required and continue to manage the problem until resolved.
- To create monthly reports
- To review and identify common issues raised from reports that need remedial action, either through PLC teams or additional site training
- To facilitate the remote monitoring of key accounts control systems
- To attend sites during support office hours as required to support project works and training.
- To facilitate the monitoring of hardware for upgrades such as firmware and also highlight any obsolescence to the U&E team.
- When required provide additional support to the Internal IT Support Analyst
- Extensive Control system experience / knowledge (PLC, IT, Drives, Networks)
- Materials handling / automation experience
- Experience of IT systems support
- Experience dealing directly with customers / end users
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible to travel throughout TGW NE as required
- To provide 24hr * 7 day cover on a rotated shift pattern