Hub Planning Manager
The Role:We are currently recruiting for a Hub Planning Manager to join our fast growing and highly successful team based at our Head Office in Market Harborough.
Reporting to the Realisation Director, the role exists to lead and manage the Northern Europe Hub planning activities in relation to all aspects of projects and ensure that appropriate planning tools are used to deliver cost effective and on-time delivery plans for all projects throughout the company.
- Design, implement and continuously improve a standard methodology (including the selection of tools and software packages) for planning within the Northern Europe Hub.
- Hold and manage regular company planning meetings.
- Design, produce and maintain a rolling 12 month resource utilisation plan for the whole company.
- Produce headline programmes for all tenders and ensure compliance with instructions to tenderers.
- Produce a monthly report on project performance against baseline plans detailing and explaining any significant differences.
- Support colleagues in the production of project plans
- Carry out regular reviews of planning across the Hub, recording and reporting on findings as necessary.
- Raise the profile of Planning within the Hub through training, bulletins and reporting
- Attend and represent the Hub at client meetings and where appropriate external and Group Planning Forums.
- Lead the strategy, development, recruitment, training and assessment of staff to develop the planning function within the Hub.
- Work in partnership with the assigned project manager and take full ownership for delivery of the project scheduling activity. Depending on size and complexity, the responsibility could cover a number of Projects/Project Managers
- Attendance at the project launch.
- Set up of the project programme and maintain throughout the project lifecycle
- Resourcing of the project programme and provision of resource requirement forecasts.
- Collect, monitor and report progress against the agreed programme.
- Produce the Client Project Control Reports including Baseline and Earned Value, Deliverables Reports, Milestone Reports
- Liaise with the client’s project team where directed by the Project Manager in the co-ordination all project interfaces.
- Obtain Estimates to Complete (ETCs) for engineering and site based activities and feed into the cost control system.
- Participate in project financial reviews alongside Project Managers, Engineers, Project Accountants.
- Ensure that programme files for the project are properly initiated, maintained, completed and stored in the correct file locations.
- Identify appropriate planning training to respond to the needs of the ever-changing organisation in an increasingly competitive environment, matching the needs of the organisation and individual team members.
- Have a broad and practical experience of planning tools, specifically Primavera and Microsoft Project
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to be a role model for planners and Project team members and lead by example
- Ability to solve problems, introduce innovation and engage key team members via personal expertise
- Pro-active in all aspects of Project Management
- Experienced in construction and contracting environments
- Experienced in management of third parties and stakeholders
- Ability to assess risks and opportunities
- Ability to work under own initiative to deadlines
- Degree level in a planning discipline, or equivalent knowledge through experience in a similar role
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of business process within the sector