Commissioning Engineer Controls manages PLC Controls programming and on-site commissioning of logistics systems, automated material handling, logistics and storage systems, tote tracking and other machines at our customers' sites mostly in Italy, sometimes in Europe.
The candidate will be responsible for software and electronic technical issues (performance, quality and functionality), for programming and commissioning the system in compliance with the required specifications.
We consider junior, middle and senior candidates or mechatronics willing to start a software path.
- PLC commissioning On-Site according to company software standards;
- PLC programming and test with TIA Portal/Step 7, Scada and HMI based on company software standards;
- Functionality test for all project, including external machines such as scales, labelers, strapping machines, wrapping machines, etc;
- Compliance with process instructions and internal policies (travel policy, site report/journal, order and cleanliness, etc);
- Thorough commissioning preparation (documents, tools, spec sheets, software, requirements specification, services);
- Compliance with general and operator - specific safety procedures;
- Collaboration in on site team;
- Interface test of superordinate MFS interface;
- Handover of a system tested and checked for correct functioning and availability;
- Training of customer's personnel and support during Standby and Ramp-up phases;
- Filing and archiving of final software versions during and after the commissioning;
- Responsibility for a timely processing of open issues.
- Technical education (electrical engineering, mechatronics, automation or similar);
- Experience, even short, in programming and commissioning of industrial automation systems (new graduates are also evaluated);
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC programming (TIA Portal, Step 7, Scada, HMI);
- Practical experience with variable-speed drives (three-phase asynchronous + servo drives, frequency converters);
- Past work experience with bus systems (Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet, CAN and ASi);
- Construction site and professional experience (material handling & logistics) are desirable requirements;
- High willingness to travel in Italy and Europe (approximately 60-80% of time);
- Good knowledge of both spoken and written English;
- Result oriented, proactivity, teamwork and high motivation;
- Stress resistance, flexibility, reliability and loyalty to the Company.
- Salary depending on job experience and qualification;
- Smart Working three days a week when in office (not valid for on site activities);
- Travel allowance;
- Meal vouchers (even when the resource is on smart working)
- Benefits to be defined based on experience and role;
- Flexible working time model;
- Internal training in Italy and Austria for professional growth;
- Possibility of internal career in Italy and abroad;
- A young and dynamic environment. TGW Italia is part of TGW Logistic Group Austria, world's logistics market leader in strong expansion, with more than 4400 employees and 15 manufacturing and trading branches worldwide;
- Excellent work-life balance according to company Core Values for a profitable, satisfying and harmonious professional life.