The IT Support Engineer is a member of the Lifetime Services (LTS) team and works under the general supervision of the LTS Customer Services Manager.
The primary responsibility of this role is supporting the Oracle RPO and RTO SLAs that TGW has in place with customers. Secondary responsibilities include the support and maintenance of remote network cabinets and networks, customer VPN connections, Virtual Machine OS updates and software applications that LTS utilizes both internally and externally.
- Maintain and support Oracle databases implemented as part of TGW solutions.
- Support the Oracle RPO and RTO SLAs that TGW has in place with customers.
- Execute Dataguard failover testing.
- Support the Windows Server update SLAs that TGW has in place with customers.
- Support and maintain LTS software applications. Currently these applications include
- Icinga used for system monitoring
- Omnitracker Hotline ticketing system
- Data Analysis Reporting Tool (DART)
- Centralized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) used to track preventive maintenance and parts usage
- Assist with TGW solution network troubleshooting
- Deploy, manage, use, monitor, and troubleshoot administrative issues with Oracle database servers.
- Able to work with little guidance in a fast-paced and highly innovative environment.
- Assist with system performance monitoring, testing, and reporting.
- Research new technologies including software and hardware, based on business requirements.
- Participate in on-call rotation for LTS infrastructure related issues.
- Assist US IT with monitoring current in-house systems utilization and make recommendations for scalable growth.
- 3 5 years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
- Oracle database experience (deployment/design/maintenance/troubleshooting) required.
- Network troubleshooting experience required
- Ability to implement and support diverse software applications
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, networking, VPNs and databases
- Social competence which manifests itself through teamwork and communication skills
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.