Lead Controls Technician
The Controls Team Leader provides support to the TGW SouthHub Department Director in the development and implementation of the strategic plans and policies, and to provide leadership and direction to the other technical staff.
The position involves the following primary functions:
- Responsible for planning, directing, managing, operations, support, and overseeing the projects in the TGW SouthHub.
- Department new engineers recruiting. Team definition.
- Resource assignment to the projects or tasks.
- Participation on department related tasks as:
- Realization of technical and procedural guidelines.
- Definition of quality control processes.
- Other agreed with the Controls Director
- Technical assistance and cost calculation for sales department activities related to offers, retrofitting/extensions.
- Corporate/administrative tasks (time recording, travel expenses, etc.).
- Coordinates training sessions for individuals and groups.
- Provide the team with a vision of the project/department objectives
In case of collaborating to an specific customer project:
- Coach and mentor team members. Delegate responsibilities.
- Preparation of functional specifications for intra-logistic systems, including preparation and attendance to meetings with the customer and providers.
- Definition and sizing of hardware, network and software infrastructure for the delivered systems.
- Definition of a Team and Calendar for a Project.
- Coordination with external providers involved in the project acting as subcontractors.
Relationship with other positions and departments
The position has the following line managers / supervisors based on the following scopes:
- From an organizational point of view, this position is under the responsibility of the TGW South Hub Controls Director.
- Once collaborating to an specific customer project:
- All project specific activities are directed by the corresponding project manager.
- The Control activities are directed by the Control Lead manager within the Control team assigned by him/her to the Project.
- Experience in development for logistics or production/process automation.
- 3 years bachelor degree.
- Team working skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to understand customer needs.
- People management.
- Commercial awareness.
- Driving license