IT Support Specialist
The Hotline Support Specialist is a highly technical customer service and support role requiring strong customer service and communication skills coupled with comprehensive technical knowledge in the areas of software and controls.
- Will take hotline support calls and assist in resolving issues related to TGW automated warehouse solutions for our customers
- Strong relationship building skills with high customer focus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to guide customers through troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Coverage varies between days, nights and weekend, shared with team
- Ability to access software systems as needed to diagnose and resolve customer system malfunctions or perform system maintenance.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors, uses judgment to authorize and secure assistance, follow through with customer until issue resolved.
- Remotely resolves service issues at customer site.
- Manage execution of required services through a combination of internal and external resources, training and recruiting as necessary.
- Establish and maintain organized documentation and work methods for all Hotline activities.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely customer service records and coordinate invoicing with Finance Department.
- Will spend time working in the Software Project group learning TGW software products as wells as Controls group.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Team oriented approach
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL, etc…)
- Object oriented programming
- Good understanding of network infrastructure, familiarity with TCP/IP, subnetting, switching & routing, Ethernet concepts
- Programming skills, well versed in .NET (Frameworks: 3.5, 4.0., 4.5), C#, C+, C++, VBA
- Knowledge of Controls systems a plus (Siemens / Allen Bradley)
- Familiar with virtualized operating systems with VMware
- Travel required less than 10% of the time when in the Lifetime Services department