Controls PLC Software Developer
Under the supervision of the Manager Controls Commissioning, develop, document, test and aid in the implementation of new PLC software for automated material handling equipment. This includes close interaction with project teams in a positive and focused manner to realize productive results. The individual must also provide accurate and high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Develop and/or optimize PLC software for a wide variety of Rockwell PLC types with diverse communications protocols. Support and manage PLC software library.
- Be able to use existing Siemens PLC code as a template.
- Work with others to create specialized interfaces within the Rockwell Automation framework for TGW products. Optimize for ease of execution and standardization.
- Support the Controls Commissioning engineers during testing and implementation of new code.
- Effectively plan and manage daily tasks with time critical awareness. Create work plans.
- Prepare project status reports and summaries as necessary or required.
- Collaborate with Controls Systems engineers and Controls Project Managers during code implementation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience working as a Controls Engineer or 5-10 years practical controls experience.
- 5+ years’ high level experience with the implementation of the Rockwell PLC platform code and controls networks.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with automated material handling, including conveyor, sortation, ASRS systems and SCADA type system visualization.
- Domestic and international travel 10-30% to support project implementations.