Controls Project Manager
This position provides for the successful implementation of the controls portion of assigned projects by adhering to the specified schedule; ensuring the fulfillment of the contract performance rate; Champion quality, functionality and budget. The Controls Project Manager works in a project structure together with the overall Project Manager and the entire Project Realization team.
- Responsibile for coordinating the alignment of the project controls budget and schedule.
- Performance tracking, progress report generation and end of project close out of assigned projects in conjunction with the entire Controls management team.
- Collaboration with and support for, Sales, Applications Engineering and Lifetime Services
- Support Project Management with financial planning, monitoring, and reporting for controls engineering budgets.
- Preparation/creation/verification of project related documentation with other controls engineers.
- Conduct meetings with the customer as needed.
- Work within the Controls Team to supply specification and clarification of controls interfaces to third-party suppliers/components.
- Work within the Controls Team to specify and clarify content to controls system integrators (if/when used), and managing them as to scope, budget and schedule.
- Support for the on-site commissioning teams.
- Support of customer training for controls related topics.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years knowledge, understanding and experience in the following:
- Management of multiple individuals, including adhering to a budget, risk mitigation, adaptability to change and scheduling.
- Excellent Communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of MS Office applications. Reading drawings of various formats (E-plan, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Team building and leadership skills.
- Experience with PLC programming and controls system design (Siemens expertise not required but a plus), communications protocols (Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet, canBUS, etc.), visualization and motion controllers.
- Some knowledge/experience in logistics, material handling or large scale automation is a plus.
- Self-motivation, a cooperative attitude and the ability to clearly share ideas are a must.
- Domestic and international travel up to 50%.