Design Engineer I
Under supervision of the Design Engineering team, assists in creating high quality, complex design work either with or without reference material.
- Works on assigned product structures (Specials or Standards).
- Support Standards and Product Enhancement Engineers with assembly of prototypes, testing, and demo loop maintenance.
- Assist Design Engineers by providing CAD or Navision support on projects.
- Support Standards Engineers product maintenance and ECN’s.
- Minor patterns design work as abilities progress and checked.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the basic principles of mechanical machine design. The ability to work with mechanical drive systems, pneumatics, AutoCAD, and Navision product structure is required.
- Exhibits the ability to document and communicate newly created design drawings, structures, horsepower spreadsheets, indexes and application drawings in a standardized manner that is clear, professional, and easily understood by the target audience. The documentation must be professional and consistent with existing product standards documentation
- Ability to understand the business aspect of the design process and how the quality of design and the quantity of hours spent designing affect the profit and loss of the company
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years experience or Associates degree with 5 years experience.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be mechanically inclined and be able to make supervised field trips to work on conveyors. Trips may require off hours, and/or weekend availability due to customer needs.
- Travel up to 15%.