Electrical Maintenance Technician
The Electrical Maintenance Technician will support our customer on all automation related topics. They must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a right the first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance. Based in our customer sites, the Electrical Maintenance Technician must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Resolve customer issues as quickly and practical as possible.
- Previous Technician experience in a factory or warehouse environment.
- Experience working with Warehouse Management Systems is preferable.
- Communicate, dress and perform in a professional way at all times while at TGW and customer facilities as well as on TGW business travel.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders in our CMMS.
- Monitor and maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Be accountable and take ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s.
- Keep the Resident Engineering Manager informed at all times.
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks. carton opening system.
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customer’s orders are not missed.
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times.
- Attend customer meetings as needed to provide updates on the automation.
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and your work methods.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance.
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer.
- Work with a “right the first time” mind-set at all times.
- When making decisions always keep the customer’s operational needs in mind.
- After hours availability may be required.
- Associate or Technical degree / certificate in Controls Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Profibus, Profinet experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Approximately 20% travel may be required.