Under the general supervision of the IT Infrastructure Supervisor, the Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and administering TGW’s network infrastructure. This person will also be part of the team that is responsible for designing and installing network infrastructure at TGW customer locations.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a good understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and industrial network devices at an intermediate level.
Primary resource for both customer and internal network related tasks
- Maintenance of current TGW infrastructure
- Controls network commissioning
- IT infrastructure commissioning (both if TGW' scope of supply or customer's)
- Project documentation
2nd level support for US helpdesk and LTS Integration.
Pre-Sales engineering support when required.
Assistance with network design for both internal and external projects including documentation.
Network-related engineering tasks for TGW productive and development IT environments
- System provisioning for new and replacement systems.
- Installation, setup, and configuration of storage and network infrastructure
- Development and maintenance of installation procedures
- Participation and implementation responsibility of IT projects
Operations and maintenance for TGW productive and development IT environments. Including but not limited to:
- VMware management
- Cisco management
- Manage backups
- Apply patches/updates
- Daily system monitoring
Primary on-call resource availability for both US helpdesk and LTS Integration infrastructure related issues.
Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 4 years of network engineering experience
- Cisco and VMware certifications beneficial
- Storage system (NetApp) experience very beneficial
- Understanding the setup and maintenance of various Cisco VPN technologies a must
- Comfortable and experienced at troubleshooting diverse and complex systems
- Social competence which manifests itself through teamwork and communication skills
- Travel approximately 30%