The Systems Engineer completes complex material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Completes recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction. Performs complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate the detailed engineering activities; after analyzing the system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the project’s mechanical equipment and design requirements.
- Lead the turnover from Systems Development to Systems Engineering
- Make use of acquired skills in material handling systems engineering and/or other available manufactured equipment, to successfully meet project requirements. Equipment includes pneumatics, controls, structural steel, etc.
- Coordinate or prepare technical content, schedule, mechanical and controls equipment lists, mechanical and electrical installation, basis of quote, and overall pricing for proposals. Maintain project budgets on those projects not requiring a full time PM.
- Maintain an up-to-date and complete project file; prepare and coordinate all forms required to maintain the schedule, mechanical and controls equipment lists, mechanical and electrical installation (on projects not requiring a full time PM), and as built drawings.
- Project focus must be on customer satisfaction and obtaining or exceeding as sold profit margins.
- Work with other groups to ensure the project’s functional integrity
- Overall project technical leader
- Travel as required for project coordination activity, systems commissioning, customer training, etc.
- Participate and/or assist in concept, written communications, total system pricing, and project "estimates to complete".
- Provide management and/or engineering support for proposal development. Implement orders, and obtain customer acceptance and payment of systems business and the related achievement of TGW project profit goals.
- Proactively improve processes; familiarize yourself all aspects of the latest in materials handling technology to keep our Company positioned as a leader in the material handling industry.
- Assist in training new associates in the areas of Company procedures and drawing standards, etc.
- Practices and promotes work habits such as leading by example. Supports and promotes TGW's team concept.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related degree preferred. Associates degree with related experience also accepted.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in material handling, plant layout or process flows.
- Familiar with commissioning.
- Ability to manage large project orders or multiple projects at once.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Advanced AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Travel required approximately 40%.