Controls Project Manager
The Role:The Controls System Project Manager will provide professional Project Management leadership to the controls team, allowing them to implement high-quality control systems into TGW Ltd projects throughout the UK and Northern Europe Hub.
You will ensure the effective management of the controls element of all projects, helping to ensure all contracts are completed on time, within budget and to agreed specifications so that TGW Ltd always meet our customers’ expectations.
- Carry out detailed planning of the controls delivery for projects including resource allocation & electrical installation.
- Establish and monitor budgets & forecast costs to complete.
- Undertake team leadership for the controls delivery of projects
- Ensure controls project delivery meets the highest quality possible
- Assist in the development of company standards for sales specifications, quotations / costing models, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, testing, handover and support.
- Ensure that the detailed controls design, manufacture of products, testing, delivery, installation, commissioning and documentation meets the customer’s requirements and contract specification.
- Ensure the implementation of all relevant UK, European, Company and Customer standards.
- Manage specific tasks and identified projects (including risks) which are allocated to you and to ensure the overall success of the Project within technical, programme and financial constraints.
- Communicate effectively, professionally and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants and subcontractors.
- Deputise for Project Managers (where nominated) in his/her absence to ensure that other members of the team are working effectively and in a professional manner.
- Attend and participate in regular contract & technical reviews with project staff working within the controls team to review planning and to ensure that any issues are identified and promptly resolved.
- Regularly visit supplier premises and construction sites to monitor progress, quality and planning for future work.
- Ensure that variations are identified and brought to the attention of the TGW Ltd project manager as soon as they occur and that information and associated work are processed internally and externally. Includes preparation of cost estimates to recover any changes/variations.
- Review periodically the specific project design and ensure internal feedback to relevant internal departments (i.e. Pre-Sales, Controls Development.)
- Prepare technical specifications (and drawings) for sub-contract equipment and participate in supplier tender assessments/negotiations.
- Actively manage all aspects of subcontracted packages from order to final acceptance.
- Participate in order review meetings with clients and suppliers.
- Attend customer sites where required to identify, analyse and rectify issues and faults relating to control system function.
- Ensure controls project is closed out professionally with minimum or no known issues and CE documentation is in place
- A relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Strong experience in the design and delivery of controls systems
- Project Management experience gained within an Engineering environment
- Previous experience of site installation and management
- Skilled in using AutoCAD to understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to lead and motivate teams of people, both internal teams and sub-contractors
- Highly customer focused with excellent communications skills
- Background in Material Handling/Automation Industry