The RoleTGW Northern Europe is seeking four Maintenance Technicians to join a brand new site based in Dartford to provide a broad-based electrical, mechanical, facilities management and software first line fix for our client's automated solution.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will ideally have an electrical qualification and looking to broaden your mechanical and software experience (i.e. PLC, Controls).
You'll have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced Resident Engineers and undergo training to broaden your skills, such as learning how to troubleshoot Controls/PLCs. As you'll be representing TGW on site, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained
The Maintenance Technicians will work a 12-hour shift 7-7 (7am-7pm, 7pm-7am) on a pitman shift pattern (2 consecutive shifts on, 2 off, 3 consecutive shifts on, 2 off, 2 consecutive shifts on, 3 off).
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, tote conveyors, spiral conveyors, tote elevators and shuttles
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s
- Comply with all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend daily customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities with the customer and the engineering mobile team
- Work with a right-first-time mindset at all times
- Complete all reports in line with the contract and KPI’s using SCADA, TS, WCS, CMMS and Microsoft software packages
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
Key RequirementsThe ideal candidate will have an Electrical Qualification (i.e. Level 2/3 NVQ or City & Guilds). Furthermore, you will have experience of undertaking installations, planned and reactive maintenance in a previous role. As you will be on client-site, you'll need excellent communication skills and customer focus, as well as being able to work to a time-critical environment.
- Electrical qualification (NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds or equivalent).
- Planned and reactive maintenance experience.
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Mechanical engineering experience or qualification.
- Have previously worked in an automated warehouse and have experience with maintaining conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles, etc.
Following your application, your CV will be reviewed by our recruitment team and you'll have an informal telephone call. If successful, you will be invited in for a face-to-face interview which will be held on the client site at Dartford with the Key Account Manager - the interview will also include a written technical test. There will be two interview stages in total.
Interested, but would like to find out more? Please get in touch with Matthew Mercer (Recruitment Business Partner) via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01858 468 855.