Apprentice Program Manager
This role is responsible for training candidates into qualified specialists in controls and mechatronic engineering. The Apprentice Program Manager will help identify apprenticeship candidates, prepare and deliver course materials, and liaise with other departments and business units to schedule and provide training opportunities.
- Systematically and comprehensibly plan the training steps according to job descriptions and to the company's training goals (target job profiles) adhering to established TGW Apprenticeship guidelines.
- Individually support the apprentices so that they reach the training goals and insisting on performances which match the learning goals and the level of training; regularly providing the apprentices with targeted feedback about the level of training and asking the specialised departments who are training the apprentices to give such feedback.
- Develop and report critical measurements and indicators of success.
- Help with promoting apprenticeships by representing the company at target-group-specific events as well as with recruiting apprentices.
- Impart job-profile-specific expertise not only to apprentices, but also to employees, especially new recruits, by conducting trainings.
- Manage day to day operations of apprenticeship program including scheduling and administrative tasks.
- Set a professional example exemplifying TGW Core Values and culture.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechatronics engineering or equivalent experience, material handling experience preferred. Must be proficient in PLC programming and experienced with controlled drives and bus systems.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in development and delivery of technical training programs.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitation, presentation and project management.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; proficiency with eLearning development software a plus.
- Knowledge of European style manufacturing apprenticeships and German fluency a plus.
- Domestic an international travel 10-30% to support training initiatives.