Systems Designer - Lifetime Services
Working with supervision, carries out a variety of architectural assignments. Provides services in the research, design, development of concepts. Collects and analyzes technical data to determine project requirements and prepares information regarding specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs, and completion times. Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate the detailed activities of the quotation work; gain a complete understanding of the quotation requirements including data analysis, material flow, information flow, equipment selection, system layout and performance criteria.
- Make use of acquired skills in the engineering of material handling systems through the correct selection of TGW equipment, and/or other available manufactured equipment to successfully meet quotation requirements, i.e. rates, sortation equipment, pneumatics, etc.
- Analyzes customer specifications; concepts material handling systems; prepares/coordinates technical content of proposals such as schedules, equipment lists, functional description of operation, installation requirements, basis of quotations, specification clarification, and pricing.
- Analyze data, perform detailed data discoveries and specific activities to support ideas and concepts
- Understands basic control system functionality
- Understands and prescribes basic material handling software functionality
- If required, participates in presentation to the customer.
- Analyze and solve customers' requirements by telephone.
- Participate actively with managers and sales associates to develop effective sales strategies; frequently responsible for implementation of these strategies as well as provide proper coordination and engineering to develop proposals in order to land orders, while achieving TGW's profit objectives and meeting or exceeding our customers' expectations.
- Utilize and understand TGW Core Technologies CD, TGW Technical Application Bulletins, Blueprints, CAD drawings and exchange this information with TGW associates and customers.
- Participate and/or assist in areas of concepting, written communications, total system pricing, and project "estimates to complete", descriptions of operation and written proposals.
- Functions with minimum supervision and wide variety of demonstrated skills in the engineering of material handling systems, as well as deciding on proper equipment applications, and software functions and features.
- Utilizes the ISO 9001 procedures, departmental standards, and personnel policies when conducting or coordinating the performance of all work assignments. Must demonstrate highly developed documentation and organization skills along with responsible work attitude.
- Works on staying current with the latest in materials handling technology to keep our Company positioned as a leader in the material handling industry.
- Works to develop skills and cost reduction methods in the areas of proposal preparation and new equipment application or design.
- Training of other associates in the areas of material handling applications and company policies and procedures.
- Leads in turnover meetings.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of material handling system design experience
- Advanced abilities in Excel, Access, MSWord, and PowerPoint, experience in MS Project, AutoCAD
- Occasional domestic and international travel for training and customer support