Applications Engineer - Upgrades and Enhancements Team
An excellent opportunity for a Design/Applications Engineer to join a growing team focusing on smaller upgrades and enhancement engineering projects. You‘ll play a key role in managing and providing engineering detail, designing solutions for clients looking to enhance their automated materials handling and storage systems.
Our U&E Team delivers improvements and upgrades to our client’s distribution centres, working on smaller-scale projects with values of circa. £1 million. The team has been growing steadily over the past few years and are now looking for a Design Engineer to develop the pre-sales offering.
You’ll be responsible for preparing the best solutions (from a cost and technology perspective) for our client’s materials handling and storage system requirements, which will include:
- Layout design
- Calculating project cost
- Ensuring the correct TGW equipment is used in accordance with the specification
- Attending customer meetings and lead presentations when required
- Preparing costings for client proposals
- Collaborating with your fellow TGW colleagues, including subject matter experts from our Group Headquarters in Austria.
You’ll have had previous experience designing layouts and solutions for clients with a strong commercial and cost awareness. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and have excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines. From a systems perspective, you will be very competent with AutoCAD as well as Microsoft Office. Ideally, you will have experience in designing 3D layouts and have had experience in the automation sector (preferably automated materials handling).
- 1-2 years' experience in a related Applications Engineer/Design Engineer position.
- Technical education to a minimum HNC level.
- Strong commercial and cost awareness.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Has worked to precise and structured methods.
- Experienced CAD user.
- The ability to complete design 3D layouts and experience with tools such as Solid Edge or AutoCAD 3D.
- Background in the automated materials handling sector.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!