Central Support Engineer
You’re looking for more accountability in your role, would like to have exposure to multiple sites, have the opportunity to test, service and install automated equipment, and to join a team with excellent career progression. If this sounds like you, then we have an exciting opportunity to join our team…
We’re looking for a Central Support Engineer to join our Mobile Engineering Team to be based in our test cell warehouse based in Market Harborough. Our test cell contains a full closed-loop setup of our automated materials handling solution, which allows our Engineers to test new equipment and service and repair existing equipment.
This is a newly-created position which will have responsibility for a number of areas, including:
- Acting as a go-to expert for TGW’s Stingray Shuttle System – you’ll support all of our customers using the Stingray solution (TGW’s latest generation shuttle module), taking responsibility for the solution’s availability KPI’s, reacting to breakdowns and repairs. You will also maintain the training documentation and procedures for the solution.
- Providing site maintenance support – you will provide holiday/sickness cover for the TGW maintenance teams based at two clients sites, which are located in Burton Latimer and Nottinghamshire. This will involve mechanical and electrical fault-finding and rectification across a range of different automated equipment, as well as coordinating with the customers‘ operations teams.
- Mobile Engineer cover –you will occasionally be required to travel to other customer sites across the UK and Northern Europe to carry out activities such as planned preventative maintenance, repairs & breakdowns, servicing and operational support.
In return, you will go through a structured training programme in order to train you on the shuttle solution as well as our other automated equipment. This will be delivered through online, classroom and 1-2-1 training. Longer-term, there are fantastic career progression opportunities available, including progression towards becoming a fully-fledged Mobile Engineer.
You’ll be a Multi-Skilled Engineer or Technician with experience of working in an automated warehouse and have maintained/serviced automated equipment (cranes, shuttles, lifts, conveyors, etc.) as part of your role. As a Central Support Engineer, you will be liaising with both customers and TGW staff, so you’ll need to have strong customer service experience and excellent communication skills. In addition, you’ll be experienced in working within a time-critical environment and have experience dealing with multiple/conflicting priorities.
- Previous experience of working in an operational or multi-skilled engineering role within an automated environment
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe
- Experience of working with automated shuttle modules
- Previous experience working in a Field or Mobile Engineer role
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!