We are currently recruiting for experienced Control Systems Commissioning Engineers to join our fast growing and highly successful team in Lithuania. This role is predominately site based with extensive travel around Northern Europe.
The Commissioning Engineer is a key member of the TGW Controls Northern Europe Team for the successful delivery of TGW projects. They are responsible for the software creation and commissioning of Level 2 PLC control systems (software commissioning & system testing) for our automated materials handling solutions Working in close conjunction with the Team Leader Controls Services you will undertake activities overseeing the successful project delivery, supporting Junior Commissioning Engineers in their activities. You will effectively communicate with Commissioning Lead Engineer, Project Manager Controls, Engineering Designer and Clients at our UK Head Office and at various installation sites across the UK and Northern Europe. You will be an active participant into the design process when required and ensure quality feedback into the Controls Department to aide in continuous improvements
- Clearly communicate with the Commissioning Lead Engineers and Project Manager Controls
- Undertake the development of project software using the TGW standard tools and architecture ensuring correct version control used in conjunction with Project Manager Controls
- In house software testing through emulation of all PLC systems.
- Play an active role in the design of the control systems when required.
- Undertake full level 2 PLC commissioning, to include but limited to:
- Implementation of project area software
- Commissioning to achieve manual control
- Commissioning to achieve automatic control
- Commissioning to achieve communications with WCS systems
- Commissioning and testing of emergency stop systems
- Test to mechatronic rates
- Integration of third party equipment and testing when required.
- Ensure full integration of system in order to deliver a final working plant is achieved.
- Take responsibility / ownership for the PLC area being commissioned
- Actively work with the Commissioning Lead Engineers and Junior Commissioning Engineers, System Integration Manager’s and Project Manager Controls in testing system modules as required.
- Follow the software revision and back up process as required
- Ensure all modifications are fed back to the project team and design department
- Identify and rectify any software, hardware & electrical faults
- Ensure the electrical installation meets the required TGW standards
- To comply with all current, future health & safety legislation at all times
- Make sure all required commissioning documentation is completed to the required standard through the delivery of the project
- Be an ambassador for the delivery of TGW controls and actively promote company standards and best practice.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel constantly within Europe
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and automation principles
- At least 2 years of experience working with PLC (preferably Siemens)
- Knowledge of STL, LAD, SCL, FBD programming languages
- Good English language skills
- Experience in commissioning automated systems
- International project work experience with state-of-the-art technologies across Europe
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary
- Motivating working environment in the team of highly experienced and competent engineers
- Personal technical development and career plan
- Technical training in the UK and Austria
- English language training
- Life insurance
- Modern tools and work environment