Contracts and Purchasing Manager
We are now recruiting for an experienced Contracts and Purchasing Manager to lead the purchasing function across TGW Northern Europe.
As Contracts and Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for all Project Strategic Purchasing (Demand to Contract) and Supply Chain Management activities of TGW Northern Europe for all locally procured goods and services. You will play an integral part of the successful delivery of projects.
You will have responsibility for tendering works, contract negotiations, and supply chain optimisation thus contributing to the long-term success of the business.
- Support the execution of global material group strategies (in accordance with Local and Global Purchasing strategy)
- Development of organizational and operational structure in Purchasing of the Northern Europe Hub
- Selection, assessment management & continuous development of new and existing suppliers with respect to quality, adherence to delivery dates and costs (supported by internal manufacturing, engineering, and quality assurance department)
- Minimization of procurement risks through the application of Supplier Risk Management methodology
- Strategic Purchasing interface between TGW Northern Europe (involving Benelux and Nordic countries) and Group Purchasing Management ensuring channelling of information
- Optimization of purchasing processes according to globally standardized framework under constant coordination with Group Purchasing Management (and facilitated by a globally deployed SRM tool)
- Communication interface to Planning and Sales to ensure that all requirements are being met and provide professional purchasing support to during the sales phase
- Verification of suppliers‘ compliance to Key Performance Indicators, such as time of delivery, quality and security of supply
- Tendering and negotiation of new contracts, revision of quotes and self-sustained organization, conduct and documentation of negotiation results (Price, terms, etc.) independent of global requirements needed for the local market
- Management of internal Hub supply chain optimization initiatives in strong collaboration with stakeholders (sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance)
- Ensuring Hub adherence to the business procurement practice
- Previous experience of working in a senior level purchasing role within a projects based environment
- Ability to develop, implement and grow a purchasing function in line with business needs
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strategic and entrepreneurial approach
- High degree of performance-orientation (value-adding “service provider mentality”), independence and result-orientation, "get the job done“ mentality
- Ability to work in difficult environments and influence people around to his/her way of thinking
- Excellent working knowledge of contracts
- Hold or are currently studying towards a relevant professional qualification
- Willingness to travel regularly across UK and Northern Europe (for training Meetings & Projects)
- Additional language skill such as Dutch or French would be beneficial
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual holiday. Our onsite Gym and wellness programme is freely available to all employees.