Engineering and Maintenance Manager - Waalwijk
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to join our team based in Waalwijk.
Our client is one of The Netherlands leading ecommerce retail brands and their site utilises TGW’s automated solution throughout their warehouse. The onsite equipment includes conveyors, cranes and high-speed storage and retrieval shuttles.
As Engineering and Maintenance Manager you will have responsibility for managing the ongoing service and maintenance of the automation on our clients site.
Ensuring the smooth running of the site, you will manage and support the Maintenance Engineering team of 10, acting as a key escalation point when required.
You will drive your team forward with a right first time mind-set, using lean techniques as well as traditional maintenance techniques whilst ensuring that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
Key duties will include:
- Day to day management of a team of 10 Maintenance Engineers and Technicians
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted Key Performance Indicators
- Actively work with the site team to optimise the automation performance
- Manage customer expectations
- Ensuring teams are trained and kept up to date on Health & Safety Legislation and safe working procedures
- Build strong and long term relationships with the customer site teams
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities within the existing customer sites through using lean techniques
- Stay up to date with the technical aspects of the TGW products
- Support future LTS projects as and when required
- Attend site meetings with the customer as and when required
- Comply with current TGW QA procedures and documentation
- To provide effective feedback to TGW and the Customer
- Achieve standards of performance relating to customer satisfaction, technical efficiency and company image
- Undertaking audits, reviews and corrective action, as required
- Manage holidays, absence and overtime to meet the contract requirements but not exceed budgetary constraints
- Responsible for teams appraisals, individual rewards/acknowledgement, performance management and discipline
- Qualified in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Previous experience in an automated engineering role
- Experience of managing a large team within an automated service and maintenance environment
- Proven experience of working with and to quality and health & safety standards
- Understanding of lean techniques and the ability to implement these techniques
- Experience of transferring and knowledge sharing
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Operationally focused with the ability to work in a time critical environment
- Fluent in Dutch and English
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension and 32 days holiday.