Graduate Software Developer
7 reasons why your software development career should start at TGW...
- Project-focused work – you’ll deliver software implementation projects to clients across the UK and Northern Europe, most of which are Greenfield projects.
- You’ll receive an extensive training programme and be backed up by a fantastic support network within TGW.
- Opportunity to travel – our Developers can spend up to 50% on client sites during the implementation phase, so you’ll have the opportunity to travel and work abroad.
- See your code in a real-life setting – the code you develop on our warehouse control system (see more information below) orchestrates activity flows in automated warehouses/distribution centres, which you'll see first hand during your site visits.
- Fantastic career opportunities and advancement throughout TGW – a clear career path to progress you to Developer, Senior Developer, Lead Developer and beyond.
- Work within a small, dedicated team of highly experienced Developers - meaning you’ll be learning from the best and as you'll be in a small team, make an impact from day one.
- Broaden your software knowledge – through working on a breadth of the current technology stack (C#, .NET, Oracle) as well as investigating and developing skills in new technologies.
Sounds good? In which case, let me tell you more about the team you’d be joining:
Our Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) department is currently 30 strong and has grown significantly over the past 3 years due to a flourishing project pipeline. They are responsible for delivering the bespoke Warehouse Control System, TGW Commander, to our clients, which orchestrates activity flow within new automated warehouses/distribution centres.
The WCS time is now looking to expand in the wake of a new multi-million project for a global e-commerce organisation which is due to kick-off in the next couple of months. This means that you’ll join the project straight away as part of your training programme and work throughout the full project life-cycle.
Please note, the start date for these positions will either be April or July 2019.
- You’ll either have or be graduating with a relevant degree in IT, Computing or Software Engineering.
- Experience and a good understanding of C# development.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle databases.
- You’re a keen learner who is eager to expand your knowledge base.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Able to travel regularly across the UK and Northern Europe.
What are you waiting for? Click the ‘apply now’ button and let’s start the conversation.
As a Graduate Software Developer, you’ll receive a salary of £20,000-£25,000p.a. plus our comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!