Head of Site Installations
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Site Manager/Installations Manager to help re-define and build the site management team at TGW, including developing an effective strategy for the delivery of the automation build projects for our clients across Northern Europe.
This is a newly created position within our Project Realisation department, which will head up a team of 6 Site Managers who are responsible for the installation of new material handling automation solutions to client sites across Northern Europe.
Your role will ensure that the team provide professional site implementation services across the full life-cycle of the project, from the handover from the pre-sales/applications teams through to handing over to the Site Maintenance teams following go-live.
The Head of Site Management will have four key deliverables:
- Scope the Site Management team’s role and boundaries, including alignment with other TGW departments (such as Controls, Systems Integration and Maintenance departments).
- Develop a project forecast for the next 3 years
- Assessment of current resource vs new structure
- Identify budgetary control
- Sell final approved strategy to internal customers
- Develop a team structure that is scalable over time to support team growth.
- Build the relationship with other TGW departments and TGW Group.
- Establish meaningful KPI’s to monitor department performance.
- Define escalation paths and issue resolution process.
- Team recruitment, development and training
- Health & Safety management for all department tasks
- Site leadership
- Client management
- Site Health & safety
- Site facilities
- Inventory management
- Mechanical & electrical installations
- Controls commissioning
- An experienced Installations or Construction Manager, with proven experience implementing automation on various sites.
- A proven track record of managing multi-functional installation teams, ideally across different industries (e.g. automotive, retail, e-commerce, utilities, etc.).
- Experienced people-manager, capable of coaching and developing the existing team, as well as developing a team development plan.
- Thorough understanding of structured automated construction management methodologies and procedures for effective site control and risk management.
- Articulate with strong consultancy and customer-facing skills, with the ability to manage effectively at all organisational levels.
- Suitable formal qualifications to cover statutory and H&S requirements of the job role (or a roadmap to achieve this).
- Strong service delivery and project management experience.
- Electrical or mechanical engineering background.
- Experience in leading installations of automated materials handling equipment
- Formal project management qualification (PRINCE 2, PMP, etc.)
- Technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or similar.
We offer a highly competitive salary plus a car allowance and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!