A brilliant opportunity to work in an established automated warehouse, with excellent training and development on offer to progress you to become a multi-skilled engineer…
We're looking for a Maintenance Technician to join an existing customer site based in Crewe. The client is one of the UK’s leading automotive businesses and the site utilises TGW’s automated solution for its parts division. TGW's equipment includes flat conveyors and Magnus AS/R servicing over 5 aisle and 60,000+ storage locations.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will support the client’s automated equipment, covering electrical, mechanical and some software fault-finding and resolution. You will support continuous improvement activities on the site to ensure that the automated equipment runs at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime. Also, you will coordinate all planned preventative maintenance activities and lead breakdowns or escalations, escalating to specialists within TGW or 3rd parties when needed.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a small team of experienced Engineers and Technicians, undertaking training to develop your skills. As you'll be representing TGW on site, you'll play a key role in building a professional relationship with the client.
The shifts are 12 hours working 7-7 (7pm-7am & 7am-7pm) on a 4-on-4-off shift pattern.
The ideal candidate will have an electrical qualification (Level 2/3 NVQ or City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering, 17th Edition, or equivalent) with experience of undertaking planned and reactive maintenance in a previous role. As you will be on client-site, you'll need excellent communication skills and a customer focus, as well as being able to work in a time-critical environment.
- Electrical qualification (NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds Electrical Engineering, 17th Edition or equivalent).
- Previous planned and reactive maintenance experience.
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Ability to work in a time critical environment.
- Mechanical engineering experience or qualification.
- Have previously worked within an automated warehouse and have experience with maintaining automated equipment (e.g. conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles, etc.).
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, 50% gym discounts, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!