A brilliant opportunity to work in a brand new automated warehouse, with excellent training and development on offer to develop you to become a multi-skilled engineer…
We're looking for a Maintenance Technician to join a new client site based in Dartford, Kent which went live last year. The client is one of the UK’s leading supermarkets and the Dartford site will be the third automated distribution centre that will utilise TGW’s leading automated solution for their home delivery service. TGW's equipment includes flat conveyors, spiralveyors and high-speed storage and retrieval shuttles.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will support the client’s automated equipment, covering electrical, mechanical and some software fault-finding and resolution. You will support continuous improvement activities on the site to ensure that the automated equipment runs at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a large team of Multi-Skilled Engineers and undergo training to develop your skills, such as learning how to troubleshoot Controls/PLCs. As you'll be representing TGW on site, you'll play a key role in building a professional relationship with the client.
The shifts are 12 hours working 7-7 (7pm-7am & 7am-7pm) on a 4-on-4-off shift pattern
The ideal candidate will have an electrical qualification (Level 2/3 NVQ or City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering, BTEC, or equivalent) ideally with experience of maintenance and fault-finding, preferably within an automated environment. As you will be on client-site, you'll need excellent communication skills and a customer focus, as well as being able to work in a time-critical environment.
- Electrical qualification (NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds Electrical Engineering, BTEC, or equivalent).
- Previous planned and reactive maintenance experience.
- Familiar with basic hand tools such as spanners, screwdrivers, Allen keys.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Ability to work in a time critical environment.
- Mechanical engineering experience or qualification.
- Have previously worked within an automated warehouse and have experience with maintaining conveyors, tote elevators, shuttles, etc.
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, 50% gym discounts, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!