Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
An opportunity for an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer to join an established automated site, where you‘ll to work on a range of automated equipment for a leading national supermarket. Having recently moved to a new team structure, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the continuous improvement of the site...
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will support the client’s automated warehouse solution, which includes flat conveyors, spiral conveyors and high-speed shuttles. You will support continuous improvement activities on the site to ensure that the solution operates at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime. You'll work closely with the client's warehouse and operational staff, keeping them appraised of any planned maintenance work and updated during breakdown situations.
You will work with a team of 14 TGW employees that will make up the Residential Engineering Team on-site, working a 12 hours pitman shift schedule (Monday-Sunday, days and nights working 7-7). You will work on a flexible shift basis, providing additional cover and support to the team, covering days and nights.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer who ideally has experience with automated equipment (conveyors, lifts, shuttles, etc.). You will have come from a client-facing environment and experience of mentoring and coordinating more junior members of a team. Previous experience with PLC and/or Warehouse Management Systems would also be desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or holding an electrical qualification
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems is preferable
- PLC fault-finding experience
- FMCG or Food/Drink Manufacturing sector experience
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 3 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, 50% discounts to gym memberships, cycle to work scheme and access to discounts via our affinity scheme.