Resident Engineer - NAP
The Resident Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. They will provide a broad based electrical and mechanical ability along with a right first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based on our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI’s.
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers’ orders are not missed.
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times.
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work.
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times.
- Be operationally minded with all decisions.
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns.
- To be part of the escalation procedure as a point of contact when the manager/Lead Engineer is unavailable.
- Attend important meetings/days when the manager/Lead Engineer is not on site.
- Assist with the upkeep of H&S documentation on site and attend H&S meetings.
- Help with the coordination and completion of the maintenance schedule.
- Assist with documenting procedures for dealing with common faults/issues and work arounds.
- Support with the collection of data for KPIs and customer reports.
- Assist with the upkeep of the stores and re ordering spares.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification such as 17th edition
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems is preferable
- Able to work on a 4 on 4 off rotation days/nights and provide shift cover for Holidays via Overtime
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Previous experience of being in a Resident Engineering Team
We offer a highly competitive salary plus overtime, a bonus, London Living Allowance and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 22 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy more for a flexible holiday package, a contributory pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!