Senior Project Manager
TGW Ltd is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
The Senior Project Manager provides professional project management services in support of the development, award, and delivery of automated solutions projects for our customers.
As the primary contact between TGW, the client and third parties, the Senior Project Manager has direct responsibility, authority, and accountability for ensuring that the work is undertaken in accordance with the client's and TGW’s specification and processes.
They provide Project Management leadership to the project teams and the business to ensure contracts are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed specifications so that TGW Ltd always meets its customers’ requirements and contractual obligations.
- Managing a portfolio of projects.
- The effective implementation of TGW resources on a day-to-day basis to ensure the scope of work is provided as specified.
- Managing the commercial and technical risk of projects.
- Ensuring that the project implementation objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner in respect of cost and schedule, in accordance with TGW’s project, quality and safety procedures.
- Defining quality expectations and targets.
- Acting as the primary contact for TGW quality assurance matters directly related to the project.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the registers and master files for the project.
- Ownership of the delivery of the project management processes and leading the project team.
- Establishing the project brief and the detailed project scope and deliverables.
- Establishing the project structure, resources, roles and responsibilities.
- Creating the integrated project plan and agreeing workstream plans.
- Developing the project meetings schedule and the defining lines of communication.
- Identifying project risks and determines mitigation actions or contingency plans.
- Adherence of the project reporting and financial controls processes.
- Acting as the primary customer interface on a day to day basis.
- Managing project approvals required from the customer.
- Managing proposed changes to the agreed project scope, timescales and budgets.
- Reporting on project status to Management.
- Managing project resources and costs within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Contributing to the development of project management capabilities and in defining service offerings to the business.
- Coaching and mentoring other project managers in the business where appropriate.
- Ensure project completion, acceptance and handover criteria have been achieved as per TGWs contractual obligations.
- Degree qualified, ideally in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in automated engineering projects is preferred
- Extensive experience in leading and managing large project teams
- History of working in a lead role in high complexity, high-value projects
- Articulate with good customer-facing skills and the ability to manage effectively at all organisational levels.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Formal Project Management qualifications and exposure to Prince 2, PMI or other formal project management methodologies
- Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe
You will receive a competitive salary and car allowance plus our comprehensive benefits package, which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and more!