You’re looking for more accountability in your role, would like to have exposure to multiple sites, have the opportunity to test, service and install automated equipment, and to join a team with excellent career progression. If this sounds like you, then we have an exciting opportunity to join our team…
We’re looking for a Service Engineer to work at our testing warehouse based in Market Harborough. The warehouse contains a full closed-loop setup of our automated materials handling solutions, which allows our Engineers to test new equipment which has been developed and shipped from our Group Headquarters in Austria, as well as service and repair existing equipment for all of TGW's existing sites across Northern Europe.
You'll have the opportunity to make a real impact as this is a newly-created position within TGW. For example:
- Become the subject-matter-expert for TGW’s Stingray Shuttle System – you’ll support all of our customers using the Stingray solution (TGW’s latest generation shuttle module), taking responsibility for the solution’s availability KPI’s, reacting to breakdowns and repairs. You will also maintain the training documentation and procedures for the solution.
- Provide site maintenance support – you will provide holiday/sickness cover for the TGW maintenance team at one of our leading client sites located in Burton Latimer. This will involve mechanical and electrical fault-finding and rectification across a range of different automated equipment, as well as coordinating with the customer’s operations teams.
- Field Service Engineer cover – as part of your career development and training, you will have the opportunity to visit other client sites across Northern Europe acting as a Field Service Engineer, where you'll carry out activities such as planned preventative maintenance, repairs & breakdowns, servicing and operational support.
You will go through a structured training programme in order to thoroughly familiarise yourself with TGW's shuttle solution as well as our other automated equipment. This will be delivered through online, classroom and 1-2-1 training. Longer-term, there are fantastic career progression opportunities available across the business, such as progression to working as a fully-fledged Field Service Engineer.
- Previous experience of working in an operational or multi-skilled engineering role within an automated environment
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical engineering (or equivalent)
- A methodical and thorough approach to electrical fault finding
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
- Ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe
It would be a real bonus if you had prior experience maintaining and servicing automated equipment, and even better, have experience in fault-finding on PLCs and circuit boards. In addition, you may have some knowledge of network infrastructure.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, hit apply now! All applications will receive a response.
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free on-site gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and many more!