Applications Engineer II
This is a mid-level position ideal for an applications engineer who possesses several years’ experience in the development and design of material handling systems.
- Assist Senior Applications Engineers and also work independently to develop concepts and designs of conveyor systems.
- Work with TGW sales people and distributors to gain knowledge necessary to properly concept and quote conveyor systems.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the detailed activities of the quotation work after analyzing the RFP/system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the quotation requirements.
- Prepare the technical content of proposals such as equipment lists, basis of quotations, specification clarification, and pricing. If required, participates in presentation to the customer.
- Analyze and solve customers' conveyor questions / requirements by telephone.
- Take responsibility for maintaining an up-to-date, neat, and complete quotation file both in paper form and electronically in Doxis.
- Follow through on special projects assigned by Department Manager, including but not limited to: physical inventory counting, develop special design data sheets, and product testing with follow-up report both written and on video.
- Utilize departmental standards and personnel policies when conducting the performance of all work assignments.
- Works to develop higher skills in the areas of new equipment application and design and proposal preparation.
- Work with AE I level engineers to help develop their abilities for the department.
- Conduct project turn-over meetings with Systems Engineers when proposed systems are ordered.
- Participate in assisting and/or teaching in the TCI classes.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from AE Manager as well as Senior Engineers with regard to work schedules and priorities.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with material handling systems design.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Advanced abilities in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Use of Navision and Doxis software a plus.
- High-quality time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.