Controls Systems Engineer
This position is responsible for the successful processing of the controls components, assemblies and sub-assemblies within a customer order on his own authority. This includes working within the specified budget scope, schedule, performance and helping to ensure the availability of the delivered system. This individual must provide accurate and high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with the Controls Hardware Engineer and utilize the Engineering Process and associated tools during in-house design, engineering and manufacturing of equipment and system controls in compliance with all applicable specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Collaborate on design and planning of on-site equipment and system layouts.
- Planning and creation of design documentation - sensor/actuator layout and lists, motor lists, etc.
- Specification and clarification of processes and communication points with software engineering.
- Specification and clarification of controls interfaces to equipment supplied by third-parties.
- Controls Network design, planning, and configuration.
- Design and engineering of visualization.
- Support Applications Engineering with controls concepts and estimating.
- Create and maintain item/part numbers for controls components.
- Source and approve vendors for control cabinet manufacturing.
- Associate in Electrical Engineering (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Experience working and leading in a team environment within a fixed schedule.
- Ideal candidate will experience in the automated material handling industry with some construction/installation experience. Experience with NEC compliance a plus.
- Must be able to use common design tools, such as ACAD and MS Office Suite and have PLC hardware and networking knowledge.
- Effective communication (internal and external) skills.
- Domestic and international travel up to 20% for training and project support.
- Travel required during one year training period, domestic and international, up to 80%.