LTS Resident Maintenance Engineer
The Resident Engineer will support our customer on all automation related topics. They must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a right the first time mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Based in our customer sites, the Resident Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Resolve customer issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders in our CMMS.
- Monitor and maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks. carton opening system.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Lead co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations.
- Train new technicians.
- Bachelor, Associate or Technical degree in Controls Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Previous engineering experience in a factory or warehouse working with Warehouse Management Systems preferred.
- Several years electromechanical troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience; fluent in use of troubleshooting tools (Digital Multimeter, power supply, hand tools).
- Several years experience PLC programming and use of programming, diagnostic and troubleshooting tools (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Profibus, Profinet, CAN bus experience.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and ERP applications preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on customer service; includes experience with creating work instructions and documenting issues and resolutions.