The Controls Systems Engineer will utilize engineering processes and engineering tools in the design, layout, planning, and ordering of controls components and assemblies for a customer order according to schedule, budget and scope.
- Collaborate with other disciplines on design and engineering of system layouts and on-site equipment in compliance with all applicable specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Specify and clarify controls interfaces for equipment supplied by TGW and third party suppliers, and upper-level software.
- Design and engineer system power distribution and controls networking – Ethernet, Profinet, Safety.
- Create controls design documentation - sensor/actuator layouts, including 3D models, reports, etc.
- Prepare layouts for SCADA.
- Plan, order and track controls components.
- Support onsite electrical installation and logistics – both remotely and on site.
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working and leading in a team environment within a fixed schedule.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in the automated material handling industry with some construction/installation experience. Experience with NEC compliance a plus.
- Must be able to use common design tools, such as ACAD and MS Office Suite and have PLC hardware and networking knowledge.
- Effective communication (internal and external) skills.
- Willing to travel during 1 year training period, International and Domestic, up to 80% of the time.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer