The Purchasing Agent is responsible for executing all purchasing activities in a timely and cost effective manner. This role supports the realization teams to ensure supplies and services are on site when required.
1. Manage all tactical and strategic sourcing activities including analytical and financial analysis.
2. Negotiate contracts (price, terms, etc.) independent of global requirements for local market. Identify and implement cost reduction initiatives and other supply-chain strategies to improve net working capital.
3. Develop in-depth understanding of the supply base and TGW spend metrics, including factors such as supplier capabilities, constraints and cost structures, regional issues and concerns, geographic and political risks, currency implications, duties, supplier capabilities, and other inputs
4. Identify and develop strategic suppliers and implement sourcing strategy with focus on driving cost reduction initiatives through negotiation, competitive tension, outsourcing and process improvements.
5. Optimize purchasing processes according to standardized framework under constant coordination with Group Purchasing Process Manager
6. Update ERP system as necessary to reflect changes.
7. Select, assess & continuously develop new and existing suppliers with respect to quality, adherence to delivery dates, and costs.
8. Verify suppliers‘ compliance to Key Performance Indicators, such as time of delivery, quality and security of supply.
9. Provide improved risk management.
10. Support TGW operations in resolving supplier issues (capacity, delivery, quality, etc.) as required.
11. Monitor and manage reporting of suppliers’ objectives achievement (operational and strategic)
12. Prepare, organize & present data clearly and professionally to various audiences, including TGW executives & associates, and suppliers.
1. High school diploma required, 4-year degree preferred.
2. 2-5 years’ experience working at a manufacturing/industrial company in a sourcing/procurement/supply chain role.
3. ISM or APICS certification preferred.
4. Proactive, ability to meet aggressive deadlines and maintain strong internal customer focus required
5. Ability to read and interpret drawings is a plus.
6. Comfortable working with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
7. 25% travel.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.