The Resident Maintenance Engineer supports the customer on all automation related topics. This position must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a “right the first time” mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance. Based at our customer sites, the Resident Maintenance Engineer must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
- Lead co-ordination of any automation repairs and escalations, resolving customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders. Check daily shift reports for repeat issues and resolve.
- Monitor and maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks. carton opening system.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
- Train new and experienced technicians and specialists. Provide input for employee performance reviews.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Previous engineering experience in a factory or warehouse. Experience with Warehouse Management Systems preferred.
- Several years experience PLC programming and use of programming, diagnostic and troubleshooting tools (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Several years electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience; fluent in use of troubleshooting tools (Digital Multimeter, power supply, and hand tools).
- Profibus, Profinet, CAN bus experience preferred.
- Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and ERP applications preferred.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.