TGW Systems is currently seeking a Systems Engineer for its Norton Shores office. The Systems Engineer will be an integral part of the Systems Engineering team and will work closely with our customers and our manufacturing team to provide high quality products.
- Plan and execute the engineering work of project related tasks after analyzing the system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the project requirements in the areas of mechanical equipment and design.
- Make use of and continually learn skills as required in the engineering of material handling systems. This is to include the correct selection of TGW equipment, and/or other available manufactured equipment, to successfully meet project requirements.
- Provide assistance with obtaining customer acceptance and payment of completed systems, while meeting TGW project profit goals.
- Assist with the preparation of the technical content, schedule, mechanical equipment lists, mechanical basis of quote, and pricing for proposals of change orders.
- Participate in the maintaining of an up-to-date and complete project file. Help to prepare and release all forms required to procure the mechanical equipment, and mechanical installation. Prepare spare parts lists and maintenance manuals. Project focus must be on obtaining or exceeding as sold profit margins.
- Travel as required, for project commissioning, customer training, etc.
- Participate and/or assist in system concepting and system pricing activities, and proposal preparation.
- Practices and promotes work habits such as supporting and promoting TGW's team concept and ISO procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, or Associates degree with equivalent technical systems experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in material handling or plant lay-out and process flows.
- Strong problem solving ability, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook) and AutoCAD.
- Understanding of material flow concepts within a facility.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and projects.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.