The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for originating and enhancing a Health and Safety strategy and culture within TGW South Europe Hub which is recognised as world class.
He/she will ensure that the organisation complies with current health and safety legislation and approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
The Environment, Health and Safety Manager will take a hands on approach and work pro-actively with managers throughout the TGW South Europe Hub to establish and maintain a system that promotes an everyday culture of safe working practices.
The Health, Safety and Environment (EHS) Manager is responsible for reducing and controlling industrial risks for TGW South Europe (France, Spain, Portugal) in all offices and on customer sites where Realization and Maintenance activities are performed.
The EHS Manager guaranties the safe working environment of the employees and the external contractors in the TGW offices and on the installation sites.
- Manage the overall industrial risks prevention’s topic for TGW France and TGW Ibérica, being the Health & Safety Lead (“Référent Santé et Sécurité”)
- Focus specifically on monitoring installations, projects and maintenance work sites together with the Site Supervisors, Site Manager, Project Manager and the customer’s EHS Specialists to ensure a zero-risk safe work environment for TGW, customers’ employees and sub-contractors’ employees
- Anticipate and alert on risks situations.
- Reports to CEO TGW South Europe
Safety Standards, policies and regulation compliance
- Design and implement safety procedures and standards for TGW France and TGW Ibérica, cooperate with local Health & Safety organisation (external advisors) and lead EHS Projects at South Europe level when required.
- In France, follow-up and update global Prevention Plan and the Single risk Assessment Document (DUERP) as per regulation.
- In Spain, supervise update of Risks Prevention Plan and documents required by local regulation.
- Responsible for compliance with the local legal Health & Safety requirements
- Develop and maintain a pro-active and “Safety first” culture across the South Europe Hub
- Manage the full-cycle of Safety trainings for all departments (not exhaustive list : first-aid rescuer, electrical authorization, working at height, evacuation, fire extinguisher, etc.), from training needs diagnosis, identification and research of training partners, organization of training, to authorizations and permits delivery coordination to each employee. In Spain coordinate through external agency
- In relation with site supervisors, site managers and project managers, ensure good implementation of quality rules on works carried out. Prepare and control suppliers’ quality books for equipment installation.
- Responsible for yearly review and signing coordination of Risk Prevention Plans documentation for customers installations (revue annuelle des Plans de prevention)
EHS development and reporting
- Present yearly Health & Safety Strategic plan
- Put in place and continuously improve Health & Safety processes
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve a Health & Safety reporting process, with accident reporting, sharing of lessons learned and monthly KPI reporting.
- Working with and training all managers to monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace
- Promote and perform safety good practice meetings (safety talks, induction on quality & security for new comers)
- Advising employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace
- Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation
- Being responsible for all safety inspections and audits in the workplace
- Assisting with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace
- Actively participate to Works councils (CSE) meetings, and to Health & Safety customer’s meetings when required
- Manage health and safety risks situation or work accident, run investigation and produce root cause analysis, propose preventive actions.
- Maintain and update safety follow-up training report
- Be responsible to put in place and coordinate the process of providing individual protective equipment to new comers and replacing them when needed
- Prepare monthly reports on accidents/incidents
- Run investigations and onsite audit, etc.
- Responsible for gathering documentation requested by work inspection after control
- Master the main EHS tools and the different implementation phases, being able to apply these to the company business area.
- Give support on foreign employees documentation follow-up and control for the installation(s) (internal TGW employees or external employees)
- Higher Education in EHS, with a first relevant work experience
- Autonomous, educator orientated, organized, and hands-on to be able to work onsite
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of building relationships, able to work in matrix organisationHigh behaviour standards, rigorous, proactive on TGW policies. Experience in setting-up and development EHS organisation and processes
- Experience with EHS management on mechanical installation, electrical installation, commissioning, maintenance activities on industrial automation systems
- Experience with EHS management for electromechanical installation and maintenance activities, working with medium voltage, moving equipment, working at height.
- Proficiency in MS Office pack
- Proficiency in French and English, Spanish is a plus
- Readiness to travel to installations projects and onsite installations (25% to 50% for short duration).
- Driving license type B is mandatory