Reporting to the HR Director South Europe, the HR Manager effectively plans, designs, develops and evaluates human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals for TGW France. He/she supervises and provides consultation to management on human resources related topics.
The HR Manager manages the HR Administration duties for France and brings method to the HR department towards delivering a proactive end-to-end HR support service for all internal customers from manager to employees.
Main HR Responsibilities
- As HR Manager France, represent the HR department consistently and with professionalism – from management to workforce with confidence and skill.
- Be the first line of contact to support managers and employees on HR related questions
- Implement HR strategy within the organisation working alongside business leaders
- Manage HR administration and Payroll process for TGW France
- Lead part of the recruitment processes for TGW France ramp up plan and actively participate to recruitment activities (employer branding, relation school/universities, onboarding)
- Work closely with business leaders and line management providing expert guidance on a variety of HR matters
HR Administration & Payroll Management
- Be the first line of contact on HR administration and payroll related questions
- Through an external payroll agency, process payroll and manage benefits on a monthly basis
- Maximize efficiency and effectiveness of HR administration
- Manage starters and leavers processing: establish and administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment, final payslips and exit documents
- Ensure deadlines are met to onboard new employees (gather full employee’s details and documentation, prepare labor contract) to deliver on time contracts to the new hires and ease the day-to-day primarily requests from new comers
- Respond to pay queries resolutions, advise Management team on French regulations
- Calculate on demand forecasts on salary costs, figures postulates, liaise with fiscal and labor experts where necessary
- Implement and propose improvements of systems and processes, and embed effective processes and ways of working between the HR and internal departments.
- Prepare HR monthly reports and ad-hoc reporting (FTEs, turnover, attendance)
- Support day-to-day HR operations in projects such as induction, trainings, events, appraisal process, etc.
HR procedures and business partnering
- Develop effective HR procedures and policies to reflect business aims and focus
- Ensure that managers and staff are fully aware of HR policies
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
- Advise on compliance and risk management issues
- Give counsel on complex employee relations issues including disciplinary, redundancy and grievance
- Contribute to promote yearly assessment programs, “entretiens cadre”.
- Control the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives.
- Take the lead on special projects, communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities.
- Degree or Master Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Law
- French & English proficiency are a must; Spanish is a plus
- Readiness to travel to TGW facilities (Barcelona, Toulouse) and to installations projects and locations (25% to 50% for short duration).
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Ability to drive the initiatives with the business and to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation in France (and ideally other EU countries awareness) to a variety of HR situations.
- Previous experience in managing redundancy situations and have experience in coaching managers through these and leading where necessary.
- Familiarity of managing labour agreement negotiations, employee representatives, and able to counsel senior management on appropriate practice.
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description.
- High communication skills – able to deliver bad news and give it a positive outlook as well as ability to influence board members or challenge where appropriate and suggest alternative paths.
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
- Sound problem resolution and decision-making.