The System Designer works closely and effectively with a number of high profile clients to understand their current business profile and prepare the solution to meet the needs defined with the technical team.
The System Designer is also responsible to produce high quality presentation packs to present to the client, demonstrating analysis used, rationale for equipment selected in order to gain approval for the bid proposal.
- Using business data provided by the client, analyze the data to understand key business metrics such as order volume per day, SKU range and growth requirements.
- Perform in depth analysis of the transactional data using iterative techniques determining SKU mapping / allocation and sizing to aid in the conception phase.
- Taking all the key metrics and findings identified during analysis, determine through conception techniques the best TGW systems that can be used to provide a winning automated material handling solution.
- Produce a material flow diagram detailing all system, nodal and mechatronic flows to ensure a harmonized solution throughput in line with the concept and data analysis.
- Working on multiple bids at a time, at various stages of delivery, ensure that the workload is understood and managed well.
- To “value engineer” the solution as a part of the design development.
- Produce designs in sufficient detail to enable accurate costing.
- Ensure that solutions meet all relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- Assist in the production of commercial contract packs.
- Adhere to the solutions design stage-gate process for bid management.
- Ensure that all information destined for TGW clients is reviewed and approved prior to issue.
- Contact Technical Delineation (AutoCAD operator), who draws and calculates the mechanical system and applies the construction standards.
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Logistics Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
- An exceptional understanding of Warehouse design from a manual and automated perspective as well as an operational one.
- Experience in analysing business data using tools such as Excel, or Oracle using PL/SQL.
- An extensive knowledge of material handling equipment, its applications and limitations in pallet, case and tote handling, broad knowledge of systems design including WMS / WCS systems
- Highly experienced in identifying winning concepts that can be used and interpreted using TGW systems.
- An excellent communicator with great business acumen who can translates the ideas and solutions identified into a language that the client understands.
- Highly self-motivated team player who is able to interact with a large group of stakeholders both internally and within TGW group.
- Capacity for empathy and for listening
- Capacity to work under pressure in an environment where task deadlines or approach to a bid can change.
- Proficiency using Autocad.
- Willingness to travel on 20% of the time
- Permanent Contract
- Health insurance covered by the company and the possibility to choose among a range of others benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic team and exciting opportunities to work in an international environment in contact with some of the most important multinational companies of the area.
Do you enjoy finding creative solutions for technically challenging tasks? Take this opportunity to develop your expertise and personality and become part of our dynamic team!