The candidate inside the Sales Department has the tasks, in coordination with the other members of the department, to develop customer projects in order to make sure that TGW is able to win.
Together with other member of the Sales team, Application Engineer and Sales Project Manager (SPM), based on the customer requirements and his decision criteria, the solutions designer (within a sales team) the Solution Designer is responsible for the generation of concepts, their evaluation and the selection of the best in class concept that covers the requirements in the most cost-effective way with the lowest risk for TGW. Furthermore, he/she is responsible, for the detail design and costing of the solution and the interaction with the application engineering and realization departments as well as for the generation of the final (external and internal) documentation of the project. He supports the SPM and the Sales Team in the technical parts, being, for this, also the interface of the customer.
The Solution Designer will work both on new customer project and in modification and extension of existing system. This second could become a specific focus after a first integration period.
The contribution to the success is to provide order winning solutions based on standard TGW solutions/systems/modules (as much as possible) that have been competitively & accurately priced with competitive project time schedules to the satisfaction of the client and TGW.
Based on experiences and capability a training period will be planned. It could be considered in the training period different assignement at the TGW Group's parent company in Wels (Austria).
The researched figure is a technician, high school graduated or university degree, with some years of experiences interested in developing his professional career in the technical-sales field.
He has a good spoken and written knowledge of English.
The position reports to the Sales and Solution Design Manager.
- To create presentations and present technical content to the customer in the different phases of the project
- To be the contact person for the customer on technical matters
- In the solution concepting:
- To deeply understand and challenge the customer requirements
- To identify, understand and challenge the customer decision criteria
- To perform basic data analysis of customer data and define data analysis results
- To present data analysis results and challenge the customer with the analysis output
- To define and agree with the customer all necessary design parameters
- To conceptually define the possible solution alternatives that cover the agreed requirements together with the SPM and the Sales Team
- To develop preliminary layout of the solution
- To create a high-level material flow diagram of the possible solution alternatives
- To create a ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude) of the investment for each solution alternative
- To select the best solution for the customer decision criteria, based on the following topics (upon others):
- To prepare and organize the “concept review” meetings
- To present results of the concept phase and encourage the customer to challenge the selected concept
- In the Proposal phase:
- To define (together with SW consultant and Sales Team) which logistic process are necessary and will be included in TGW´s scope of delivery
- To deliver all necessary inputs to the Applications Engineering department in order to create a cost-effective mechatronic solution
- To create detail flow diagram (“performance line diagram”) and select together with the Applications Engineer the technologies to be applied in the project
- To ensure that the solution meets all relevant regulations and codes of practice (e.g. escape routes, fire regulations
- To supervise, challenge and check the Applications Engineering activities in the creation of the solution layout
- To prepare and organize the “design review” meeting
- To organize/create and execute internal/external workshops & presentations
- To define the scope of supply
- To execute and coordinate the 3rd party technologies machine/solution/pricing together with the applications engineer
- To execute or coordinate the total price calculation (=Estimator)
- To coordinate the delivery of all the necessary inputs to the LTS (Life Time Services department) for an accurate and on time execution of the full-service proposal (if required)
- To prepare and organize the Estimator review meeting
- To create and update the offer´s technical documentation (e.g. description of operation)
- To create and present the technical offer presentation
- To define or assist in the definition of the acceptance tests
- As project manager of the sales project
- Achieving the project deadlines
- Meeting the customer expectations
- Deliver a complete, comprehensive and competitive proposal
- In the Handover to Realization phase:
- To prepare the technical documentation of the project for the hand over to realization
- To lead/support the technical hand over to realization
- To support the Realization department until the FDS (Functional Description Specification) is accepted by the customer.
- To check the FDS (Functional Description Specification) prior to the customer approval
- Technical High School degree (example Mechanical or Mechatronical) or University degree (example Engineer)
- Basic knowledge of Autocad and Office package (word, excel)
- Good communication, presentation and language skills (English)
- Proactive, independent and flexible person, able to work in a team and under stress conditions
- Ability to analyze and understand customer business processes
- Intralogistic automation design know-how
- Good mechanics, controls, and IT logistic knowledge
- Ability to produce concise and clear customer/internal presentations
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary and intercultural experts’ network
- Results and solutions-oriented mindset
- Flexibility and availability to work in different fields sometimes beyond the specified tasks
- Market oriented mindset (customer benefits before technology restrictions)
- Cost effectiveness mindset (over-engineered systems are not the goal)
- A company that is part of a worldwide leading group with more than 3,800 employees and 16 subsidiaries
- Remuneration commensurate with experience and skills
- Onboard period with technical trainings
- A young, dynamic and growing environment