The Systems Engineer inside the Sales Department has the tasks, in coordination with the other members of the department, to develop customer projects in order to make sure that TGW is able to win. The Systems Engineer acts as the key-technical point during the entire course of the project and is responsible for both the technical solution and the necessary calculated expenses. The ideal candidate will be the technical interface between customer, the sub-suppliers and all necessary internal resources.
Inside the Sales Department, the resource will have the tasks, in coordination with the other members of the department, to develop customer projects in order to make sure that TGW is able to win.
The System Engineer Retro&Sales will have specific focus on retrofit project: extension and modification of existing installation at TGW customer. The System Engineer will work both on new customer project and in modification and extension of existing system depending on active projects and on the workload of the Sales team. Working close with other members of the Sales team and of the Life Time Service team, according to the customer requirements and decision criteria, the System Engineer is responsible for the generation of concepts, their evaluation and the selection of the best in class concept that covers the requirements in the most cost-effective way with the lowest risk for TGW.
The candidate will develop the detailed mechatronic layout; furthermore, will be responsible for the detail design and layout, for the costing of the solution and the interaction with other departments, as well as for the generation of the final documentation of the project (internal and external).
The System Engineer will develop technically and economically assigned project, in accordance with the company guidelines and processes. The candidate will support the Sales Project Manager of the Sales team or the Key Account Manager of the LTS team in the technical parts.
The contribution to the success is to provide order winning solutions based on standard TGW solutions/systems/modules (as much as possible) that have been competitively & accurately priced with competitive project time schedules to the satisfaction of the client and TGW.
- Collecting, understanding and questioning the relevant customer processes and requirements;
- Analyse and develop customer data according to customer requirements if necessary;
- Creation of material flow;
- Knows the numerical framework and customer processes;
- Creation of best solutions:
- expansion concepts for existing sites;
- modernization concepts for existing sites;
- optimal new intralogistics solutions.
- Mechatronical layout development;
- Calculations and technical checks for the sizing of the equipment and of the automation system;
- Definition and sizing of the control system;
- Creation of the project bill of material;
- Complete project cost calculation;
- Technical contact person at the customer's site;
- Scope of supply clarification and demarcation (construction, IT, etc.);
- The implementation of the solution in optimal combination of Third party scope;
- Definition of the optimal Retrofit solution – combination of installed and new techniques;
- Implement Retrofit standard instead of tailor made solutions;
- Detailed functional description and proof of the mechatronic concept;
- Creating presentations and present technical content to the customer in the different phases of the project;
- Being the contact person for the customer on technical matters;
- Support of Sales Project Manager and KAM mainly on technical topics;
- Handover the project to the Realization Project Manager with all information and documents.
- The candidate is a technician, high school graduated or university degree, with some years of experiences, interested in developing professional career in the technical-sales and service field;
- Has a basic knowledge of Autocad and Office 365 package (Word, Excel);
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Proactive, independent and flexible person, able to work in a team and under stress conditions;
- Ability to analyze and understand customer business processes;
- Intralogistics automation design know-how;
- Good mechanics, controls, and IT logistic knowledge;
- Ability to produce concise and clear customer/internal presentations;
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary and intercultural experts’ network;
- Results and solutions-oriented mindset;
- Flexibility and availability to work in different fields sometimes beyond the specified tasks;
- Market oriented mindset (customer benefits before technology restrictions);
- Cost effectiveness mindset (over-engineered systems are not the goal).
- A Company that is part of a worldwide leading group with more than 4,000 employees and 16 subsidiaries;
- Remuneration commensurate with experience and skills;
- Onboard period with technical trainings. A 3-6 month training period (abased on the experience) is planned with frequent assignments at the TGW Group's parent company in Wels (Austria);
- A young, dynamic and growing environment;
- Possibility of smart working after the training and onboarding period;
- Meal vouchers (even when the resource is on smart working).