Under supervision of the Design Engineering team, assists in creating high quality, complex design work either with or without reference material.
- Works on assigned product structures (Specials or Standards).
- Support Standards and Product Enhancement Engineers with assembly of prototypes, testing, and demo loop maintenance.
- Assist Design Engineers by providing CAD or Navision support on projects.
- Support Standards Engineers product maintenance and ECN’s.
- Minor patterns design work as abilities progress and checked.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the basic principles of mechanical machine design. The ability to work with mechanical drive systems, pneumatics, AutoCAD, and Navision product structure is required.
- Exhibits the ability to document and communicate newly created design drawings, structures, horsepower spreadsheets, indexes and application drawings in a standardized manner that is clear, professional, and easily understood by the target audience. The documentation must be professional and consistent with existing product standards documentation
- Ability to understand the business aspect of the design process and how the quality of design and the quantity of hours spent designing affect the profit and loss of the company
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience or at least 10 years of experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Mechanically inclined and able to make supervised field trips to work on conveyors. Trips may require off hours, and/or weekend availability due to customer needs.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.