The Material Planner is responsible to efficiently monitor, review and maintain material order requirements and to develop and execute optimized material plans to insure on-time delivery of product to support manufacturing operations at the best possible value. Works with Commodity Buyers to coordinate planning activities with specific supplier and commodity strategies. Supports regional manufacturing facilities in support of organizational and operational objectives.
• Work with Quality team when needed to coordinate return authorizations associated with NCRDs. Coordinate returns/replacements with suppliers: Process return shipments and paperwork for defective or rejected purchased material
• Monitor supplier quality & delivery performance and communicate Chronic issues Commodity Buyer to support supplier development/continuous improvement activities & initiatives
• Daily ordering, expediting, follow up, maintenance, and confirmation of required components using MRP scheduling system and other means, in. Create and maintain purchase orders, releases, outside service orders, requisitions, transfer orders, purchase alerts, supplier debits, etc. as applicable. Maintain P.O. lines relative to system requirements
• Confirm and maintain Supplier delivery commitment data in MRP/ERP System. Maintain smooth and efficient flow of incoming material to support production and meet on-time delivery goals
• Promptly communicate material shortages to Production Planning
• Enter and maintain MRP planning parameters in MRP/ERP system. Data set-up, maintenance and planning of new and revised items, routings, and BOM’s
• Coordinate ECN implementation (timing) when applicable. Insure that P.O.s and releases are updated to reflect current drawing revisions.
• Communicate current demand/forecast to suppliers on a regular basis (at least monthly). Advise suppliers of major changes in demand in a timely manner
• Review invoice discrepancies against P.O. and item record pricing. Correct any clerical errors. Elevate supplier price errors to Commodity Buyer
• Coordinate component delivery logistics
• Review past due orders and follow-up with suppliers daily
• Develop excellent working relationship with internal/external customers and suppliers
• Investigate material usage patterns, trends, and related order data to develop and implement optimized planning strategies with input from Commodity Buyers, P&IC and other team members as appropriate
• Proactively identify cost reduction initiatives and other supply-chain strategies to improve net working capital and coordinate with Lead Planner and/or Commodity Buyer to facilitate implementation.
• Participate in cross-functional projects with all Company Departments.
• Ensure personal compliance with all Company policies, procedures, guidelines, ethics, Code of Conduct, directives, and rules and Act as a good steward of the TGW’s resources and exemplifies TGW’s values:
o We are results driven
o We think and act proactively
o We are open-minded
o We act responsibly
• High school diploma required, 2- or 4-year degree preferred but not required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working at a manufacturing/industrial company in a material planning role
• Experience managing requirements and/or planning in an MRP or ERP environment, SAP preferred.
• Comfortable working with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Create charts and/or graphs to communicate information
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Accountable, motivated, self-starter with results-oriented attitude.
• Up to 25%
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.