The Resident Automation Technician I supports our customer on all automation related topics. This position must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance. Based at our customer sites, the Resident Automation Technician I must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
This position is based in Kansas City, KS.
1. Resolve customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
2. Complete work assignments and the associated work orders as assigned.
3. Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
4. Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks and carton opening system.
5. Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
6. Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
7. Adherence to high quality standards.
8. Collaborate with broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document and communicate issues and lessons learned.
9. Ability to interface with customer at all levels.
1. Associate or Technical degree / certificate – Mechatronics / Industrial Maintenance / Electrical Controls Engineering, or equivalent experience.
2. Previous experience in electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience preferred.
3. Previous experience in high stress scenarios requiring conflict resolution and social skills preferred.
4. PLC troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff) preferred.
5. SCADA experience preferred.
6. Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics preferred.
7. Profibus, Profinet experience preferred.
8. Strong communication skills and customer focus.
9. Approximately 10% travel may be required.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.