Responsibilities in this position include the planning and successful completion of concurrent material handling integrated systems through the complete project cycle. The successful candidate must be customer focused with the ability to clearly communicate, work within and promote a team environment, and maintain and nurture positive relationships with customers, vendors and peers.
- Management of the assigned projects from receipt of PO to acceptance by the customer, completion of all open points, and successful handover to LTS.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: planning, scope definition, design, execution, and delivery.
- Ensures the engineering integrity of systems such that the contractual specifications are met with respect to system functionality, productivity, reliability, quality, and safety.
- Optimizes solutions taking into consideration the customer's demands, project specifications and technical as well as economic feasibility.
- Maintains project schedule, open items list, and risk register.
- Manages the project budget and the forecasting of costs. Identifies potential over-runs early and develops mitigation plan to minimize negative impact to project.
- Coordinates with engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing for material requisitions and equipment deliveries to meet project milestones.
- Organizes and oversees the staffing of the project.
- Assists with the selection of vendors and manages all activities regarding external consultants and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical systems experience.
- System level working knowledge of Mechanical, PLC Controls and Software Engineering.
- 7-10 years technical systems experience in materials handling industry preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point programs.
- Travel required 15-20%.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.