This is a senior level position responsible for delivery of the software solution provided by TGW. This role will lead the software design for realization and ensure quality deliverables for all aspects of software implementation including design, development, testing, commissioning, and system start-up. This position will also support pre-order concept work and project estimation.
- Validate and adjust the software requirements defined during the sales phase. Lead the transition of the software implementation from the sales phase to the realization phase.
- Lead the software design process including chairing of meetings, development of the FSD, development of the interface design documents.
- Determine time estimates and staffing requirements for software delivery.
- Lead the transition of software design to all software work streams including development, infrastructure, testing, and commissioning.
- Interact directly with the customer stakeholders for complex software issues or project escalations. Collaborate with software managers on complex project issues, project decisions, and staffing.
- Support project management in obtaining customer acceptance of the software.
- Collaborate with TGW product development organization to drive complex project issue resolution and provide input for software product roadmap.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Several years‘ experience delivering software solutions in a material handling environment
- Ability to lead a software design work stream and develop detailed software specifications and interface documents
- Experience estimating project effort and delivery timeframes
- Experience managing and motivating software implementation teams
- Experience in software quality assurance and testing solutions
- Thorough understanding of software agile methods and practices
- Proficiency in object oriented design and principles
- Experience in relational database application integration, Oracle experience preferred
- Understanding of asynchronous and parallel programming techniques
- Experience with Entity framework and LINQ
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Workflow, Microsoft TFS, and Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Web Services or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time on short notice, including international travel
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.