Supports Systems Engineering project teams through order processing/data entry, drawing modifications, scheduling, and other project related tasks. Develops a thorough understanding of the requirements of each project to efficiently support processing layout drawing data into the ERP system and adding necessary equipment accessories. Reports to the Systems Engineering Supervisor.
- Support the Project Manager with project related tasks after analyzing the system specifications and gaining a complete understanding of the project requirements in the areas of mechanical equipment and design. Tasks include but are not limited to order entry into the ERP system, drawing modifications, and project calculations (belt length, horsepower requirements, etc.)
- Make use of and continually learn skills as required in the engineering of material handling systems. This is to include the correct selection of conveyor equipment, and/or other available manufactured equipment, to successfully meet project requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of the technical content, drawings, mechanical equipment lists, and overall pricing.
- Support various company documents including but not limited to project manual packages with spare parts lists.
- Participate in the maintaining of an up-to-date and complete project file. Project focus must be on obtaining or exceeding as sold profit margins.
- Participate and/or assist in system conception and system pricing activities.
- Provide assistance with customer communication.
- Assist in developing tools and improvements to project processes and efficiency.
- Check order entry for accuracy compared to project layout and project proposal.
- Continuously learn the various aspects of material handling technology to help keep the company positioned as a leader in the material handling industry.
- Practices and promotes work habits that support the department team concept and company values.
- Travel as required for site surveys, project commissioning, customer training, etc.
- Associates degree in drafting or mechanical engineering related field or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Office and Excel experience.
- Demonstration of mechanical aptitude.
We're a global company that's driven by common values: we are results oriented; we think and act proactively; we are open-minded; we act responsibly.
We're looking for people who strive to learn more, think outside the box, and are excited about new technologies and global opportunities!
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.